John is a yoga lover and life coach who has been a community worker for 30 years. He is more than 25 years in recovery from addictions and first came across yoga through an Edinburgh Community Yoga outreach class.
In 2016 he travelled around the world and spent much of it learning and practicing yoga with yoga communities and teachers in many different countries. before completing his yoga teacher training in India. His passion is in making yoga more accessible to all who will benefit from its effects on health and wellbeing and these have included Military Veterans, Children in Care, People recovering from addictions, Community Groups, Medical Staff and people through Social Prescribing.
As well as his Teacher Training in India he has completed many CPD and courses in the following:
- Eat Breathe Thrive’s Immersive Programme
- Yoga 4 Health Programme by the Yoga in Healthcare Alliance
- Minded Addiction Recovery Kit with The Minded Institute
- Fundamentals of Rewiring Trauma
- An Introduction to Trauma Sensitive: Integrating The Body in Therapy with Lorna Evans
John continues to learn and teach yoga mostly based in Edinburgh.