Mainstream Workshops, Trainings, Classes and Retreats
All of our classes and retreats are non-refundable, non-transferable and have strict expiration dates. Unused Drop-in classes are valid for 14 days.
10 Class Pass
– Cannot be shared.
– 10 class packages are valid for 4 months.
Over Subscribed Classes
– In the rare event that a class is over subscribed we operate a first come first serve basis.
– If you are turned away from a class you will be offered a free class as compensation.
– When cancelling more than 4 weeks before the start of an event, you will be offered a full refund, minus a 10% administration fee.
– If you cancel a retreat, course or workshop with less than 4 weeks notice, no refund will be available. You may pass your booking on to a friend at no additional cost. We must be notified via email if a friend will attend in your place. If the event is fully booked and we can offer your place to some one on the waiting list, we will refund the cost minus a 10% administration fee.
– No refunds will be offered the day before or the same day of any retreat, course or workshop.
– In the case of a course or workshop being cancelled by us, you will receive a full refund, or the option of being transferred to another workshop or course of equal value. Or in the case the retreat is cancelled by the retreat host centre, we will refund the cost, minus a 10% administration fee.
In joining our online streaming classes you agree to the following.
Physical exercise, in all of its forms and with or without the use of equipment such as blocks, straps or any other equipment that may be suggested by an Edinburgh Community Yoga teacher, can be a strenuous physical activity. Accordingly, you are urged and advised to seek the advice of a physician before beginning any physical exercise regimen, routine, program or using any suggested equipment, shown in any of the video clips on the Service. Edinburgh Community Yoga is not a medical organisation and its teachers cannot give you medical advice or diagnosis. All suggestions and comments relating to the use of equipment, poses, moves and instruction are not required to be performed by you and are carried out at your election while attending online classes. Nothing contained in the live streaming classes should be construed as any form of such medical advice or diagnosis.
By using our live streaming service you represent that you understand that physical exercise involves strenuous physical movement, and that such activity carries the risk of injury whether physical or mental. You understand that it is your responsibility to judge your physical and mental capabilities for such activities. It is your responsibility to ensure that by participating in classes, courses, programs, and activities from Edinburgh Community Yoga, you will not exceed your limits while performing such activity, and you will select the appropriate level of activity for your skills and abilities, as well as for any mental or physical conditions and/or limitations you have. You understand that, from time to time instructors may suggest physical adjustments or the use of equipment and it is your sole responsibility to determine if any such suggested adjustment or equipment is appropriate for your level of ability and physical and mental condition. You expressly waive and release any claim that you may have at any time for injury of any kind against Edinburgh Community Yoga, or any person or entity involved with Edinburgh Community Yoga, including without limitation its directors, teachers, independent contractors, employees, affiliates and representatives.
Private One To One, Yoga Classes
– For all private classes we have a strict 24-hour cancellation policy. If you do not cancel, or change your appointment within 24 hours. Or if you do not attend your session, you will be charged the full fee.
– Seniors (OAPs), Full-time students, low waged and unemployed people with valid proof of identification will be offered our concessionary prices.
– It is also possible to attend for 5 pounds per class via our Health Active Minds program or as a service user and accompanying adult. See website for details.
Health & Safety
This disclaimer governs all Edinburgh Community Yoga run classes. Please read the disclaimer before taking part in any of our classes.
You acknowledge that it is your duty to take ordinary care for the protection of others and yourself while attending a yoga class with Edinburgh Community Yoga. You take complete responsibility for your own safety and will not hold any instructors affiliated with Edinburgh Community Yoga responsible for any injuries or loss you may incur as a result of your participation in any yoga classes you have attend.
Where necessary you have received advice from your doctor that you are capable of physical exercise, or will seek such advice, or you will assume the risk of exercising without a doctor’s examination.
You hereby confirm that you fully understand the terms above and agree to irrevocably release and waive any claims you have now or hereafter may have against Edinburgh Community Yoga.
Personal belongings are brought into the building where your class is taking place at your clients risk. Edinburgh Community Yoga does not accept liability for any loss of damage whatever to such items.
Workplace or Outreach Classes with Partner Organisations
The Partner Organisation understands that ECY uphold a Code of Ethical Practiceoutlined in their Recommended Practicedocument and on signing this agreement agrees that they have seen and understood this document.
Health and Safety
The Partner Organisation understands that ECY teachers are required to risk assess a space before commencing teaching. ECY provides all Partner Organisations with a copy of the ECY Risk Assessment. The Partner Organisation acknowledges that there is a joint responsibility between The Parties to ensure that the space being used for yoga is safe.
The Partner Organisation understands that all ECY teachers are all self-employed sub contractors and have their own individual public liability insurance, however whilst working on behalf of ECY they are also covered under ECY’s insurance cover which is available on request.
Limitation of Liability
Nothing in these conditions shall limit or exclude ECY’s liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees or subcontractors;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for ECY to exclude or restrict liability.
Subject to clause the above:
- No medical advice or instruction of any nature whatsoever is offered or given by ECY in respect of the Services or otherwise.
- In every case the Clients must rely on the advice given by his or her medical practitioner as to the suitability or appropriateness of the Services and as to any instructions appertaining to the participation of the Services.
ECY shall under no circumstances whatever be liable to the Partner Organisation, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with this agreement; and ECY’s total liability to the Partner Organisation in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with this agreement, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the price of the services.
Disclosure and Police Checks
The Partner Organisation understands that they have the right to request that an ECY teacher complete a Basic Disclosure or PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) check where deemed appropriate for work being undertaken.
The Partner Organization agrees
- To always ensure there is a member of staff in the class to support the teacher and that the designated staff member will join in with the yoga practice.
- That safeguarding arrangements will always be discussed and agreed with ECY when beginning a new class or making changes to a class that is already running.
- That safeguarding will be a fixed agenda item on any partnership reporting meetings.
- That any concerns around an individual client’s ability to partake in the yoga will be passed on to the yoga teacher and discussed before the class. This includes physical and mental heath constraints as well as substance misuse or behavioral issues.
Confidentiality and Data Protection
- Organise and run weekly yoga classes on an on-going basis, provided that funding/payment is available and the parties agree to do so;
- Organise one teacher and, where appropriate one assistant teacher to attend every class offered;
- Ensure that every teacher and assistant teacher:
(a) is recruited in accordance with ECY Policies and Procedures as an agreed independent teacher
(b) has attended ECY’s Fundamentals of Yoga Outreach Training
(c)on an ongoing basis, is appropriately insured for teaching yoga
(d)has had, (when deemed appropriate by teh partner organisation a Disclosure and PVG check;
(e);signs a GDPR- complaint independent teachers agreement pursuant to which he/she confirms (b) to (d) above, that he/she will keep all matters related to Clients, the classes, ECY and the partner organisation strictly confidential (with the exception of those matters put into the public domain by either ECY or the partner organisation
(f) completes a general risk Assessment document before the start of each class
(g) arrives at the venue at least 15 minutes before the start of the class
- Ensure that any other person working with clients:
(a) is recruited in accordance with ECY Policies and Procedures
(b) has had, (when deemed appropriate by the partner organisation), a Disclosure and PVG check;
(c) signs a GDPR-compliant agreement to which she confirms that she/he will keep all matters related to the clients, the classes, ECY and the partner organisation strictly confidential (with the exception of those matters put into the public domain by ECY or the partner organisation);
ECY will ensure that all Clients who attend the classes will complete an intake form and disclaimer. Or, if this is deemed inappropriate for the client group by the partner organisation, then the partner organisation agrees to share any relevant information regarding the clients to ECY before the start of the class.
Support, policies and procedures
The Parties shall discuss and take decisions jointly in relation to all material matters in relation to the classes, including funding, development, how they are run from a practical perspective, teachers and public and client communication.
The Parties will support each other and the classes by:
- arranging regular oversight calls to ensure that they are both updated on the progress of the classes, any potential concerns and the progress of funding applications.
- referring to the classes, and to each other (including using their logos) on their websites.
Monitoring and evaluation
Where evaluations and report writing is required for funding applications or general monitoring and evaluation is deemed useful The Parties will work together to monitor and evaluate the class using various methods including:
- pre/post questionnaires
- evaluation forms
- student statements
- student interviews (group or individual)
- recording by The Parties of changes/developments/effects of the yoga observed
Planned absence and cover
Wherever possible The Parties will work to avoid cancellation (and/or cover) of the yoga classes. However it is inevitable that occasionally this will happen due to ill health, staff shortages, room availability, clashes with other activities that take priority etc.
- The teacher designated to teach the class will always endeavour to do so but as this is not always possible the Partner Organisation agrees
(i) to appropriate cover being arranged in advance
(ii) should appropriate cover not be available the partner organisation accepts the class may be cancelled.
- 2.If the Partner Organisation needs to cancel a class, The Partner Organization agrees to let ECY (ideally the teacher and director) know with as much notice as possible. See contact details below.
- If ECY need to cancel last minute
If unavoidable circumstances occur at the last minute meaning the teacher is unable to teach, the class will be cancelled. In these circumstances an ECY director should contact the partner organization with as much notice as possible.
- If the Partner Organisation needs to cancel last minute
The Partner Organization agrees to let ECY (ideally the teacher and director) know with as much notice as possible
The partner organisation understands and agrees to the following:
(i) when classes are cancelled by The Partner Organisation with less than 24 hours notice they will still be charged for
(ii) if a class is cancelled for a legitimate reason for a single week and at least 24 hours notice is given there will be no charge
(iii) classes that are cancelled by ECY and that have been paid for in advance will always be re-arranged or refunded if this is not possible.
On going Monitoring
The Parties will work together to regularly review and evaluate the success of the group. This may include protected supervision time between the teacher and a senior member of The Partner Organisation.
The Partner Organisation agrees that all request for additional work, issues regarding payments, room hire or other managerial issues should be directed to the ECY directors and not to the teachers.
The Partner Organisation agrees that if the class is paid for by the Partner Organisation directly (as apposed to being funded) that on the last day of the month ECY will invoice for classes taught that month at the agreed rate (below) and that The Partner Organisation has one month to pay. The Partner Organisation understands that if they fail to pay this within 30 days on a regular basis that services may be withheld.
Termination and Variation
- The Partner Organisation agrees, wherever possible to give a minimum of three weeks’ notice in the event that they need to break for more than a week
- ECY will, wherever possible give the partner organisation at least 3 weeks’ notice in the event that a class will be paused for more than a week.
- Either party may terminate this agreement giving 30 days’ notice.
- The agreement can be terminated with immediate effect if either party are in breech of its terms.
- This agreement may only be varied by a document signed by me the partner organisation, and Edinburgh Community Yoga.
Complaints See our Complaints Policy here