Edinburgh Community Yoga runs a scholarship programme to provide financial assistance to students from our outreach programmes who would like the opportunity to take their yoga journey a step further.
We are willing to consider any programme of yoga study to be supported through scholarship but will not fund the cost of regular drop in yoga classes as we already offer our own heavily discounted public classes for our students (See here for more details).
We run a partnership with Edinburgh based yoga studio Meadowlark Yoga who offer us a discounted space to support students to take part in a weekend introduction to Mysore Style Ashtanga Yoga and following on from this, the possibility of applying to study with a Mysore teacher on a more regular basis for up to a year.
If there are other programmes of study/workshops or trainings you are interested in you are welcome to apply for support in funding.
If you are an Edinburgh based yoga studio and are interested in offering opportunities for our outreach students, we would love to hear from you! Please get in touch to discuss.
We have a limited amount of funding allocated for scholarship each year so while all applications will be considered, we cannot guarantee that your application will be successful.
Teaching Yoga in Community Settings (Workshop)
We are offering three discounted places on our next training (27th and 28th February) to account for the systemic injustice that disadvantages specific groups. As follows:
- One 50% scholarship for anyone who has a genuine desire to teach in underserved communities and is unable to afford the training at full price;
- One 50% scholarship for anyone from Black or Minority ethnic background
- One 50% scholarship for anyone who identifies as LGBTQI+.
Please see below for details on how to apply:
Please note all applications must be received by Sunday 7th February 2021
Yoga Teacher Training
We can offer some financial support to 1 outreach student per year who is considering teacher training.
We will only consider applications for support with teacher training at one of our partner organisations to ensure quality of training and that you are adequately supported.
Students interested in yoga teacher training should have been practicing yoga for at least 2 years and have participated on an outreach programme with Edinburgh Community Yoga
ECY is committed to ensuring that we support people interested in yoga teacher training in a meaningful way. If we support you by offering a scholarship in yoga teacher training, on completion of your training you will be committed to giving 108 teaching hours back to the organisation as part of our outreach projects. Please contact us for further information.
- We only offer scholarships to student who have engaged consistently with Edinburgh Community Yoga Outreach programmes
- You will be asked to contribute 25% of the cost of the training or course, as a way to show your commitment and invest in your own wellbeing.
- For programmes of study that are long term the scholarship continuation would depend on your ongoing commitment to that programme. This will be reviewed regularly and will be discussed with you.
- Applying for a scholarship does not guarantee that you will be offered it. All applications will be carefully considered.
We may be in touch to discuss details, and will let you know of our decision as soon as possible.