Laura is the founding director of Edinburgh Community Yoga and is a Minded Yoga Therapist and experienced yoga and meditation teacher. She is passionate about making these embodiment practices accessible.
Laura works therapeutically both in groups and one to one, with a particular interest in trauma informed yoga for mental health. She is endlessly fascinated by the relationship between mind and body and is motivated by a deep faith in our ability to heal.
Laura also presents and lectures on the importance of body/mind practices for stress management and trains yoga teachers interested in working in outreach settings.
Alongside her outreach work Laura also loves to teach hatha and vinyasa flow, where her approach is strong and slow, with a detailed focus on alignment and a deep emphasis on internal experience.
“For me yoga in all its forms is about building a deeper and more compassionate relationship with your self. I love the way the combination of mindful movement, breath and meditation can take us into a place of healing and I never tire of exploring the possibilities that offers us.”
Training and Qualifications
- BSc (Hons.) London Contemporary Dance School, 2000
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training, 2012
- 500 hour Yoga Therapy Training, The Minded Institute, 2016
- 40 hour Yoga and Mindfulness for Addictions Training, The Minded Institute, 2014
- 20 hour Yoga for Veterans, Warriors at Ease, 2018
- 85 hour British Wheel of Yoga Pregnancy Yoga Module, 2015
- 95 hour Kids Teacher Training, Rainbow Yoga, 2011
- 20 hours Yoga Adjustment’s, David Keil 2014
Membership and Attendance
- Member of UK Yoga Outreach Alliance
- Presented a poster at the Yoga For Healthcare Conference, 2018
- Scottish Parliament Reception on Yoga; Mental Health and Wellbeing 2018