TEACHING YOGA IN COMMUNITY SETTINGS
with Lorraine Close
Never have the issues of accessibility, inclusion and power dynamics in our yoga spaces been more relevant or important.
We are passionate and experienced community yoga teachers and trainers and want to ensure you are well informed and prepared. This in-person workshop will equip you with the skills and expertise to support you to offer yoga in community and non-traditional yoga settings
SATURDAY 12TH & SUNDAY 13TH MARCH 2022
The course structure is a combination of pre-recorded content and in person sessions. There are approximately 2 hours of pre-recorded lectures which you are required to watch prior to attending the weekend workshop. The in-person sessions will take place as below:
- Accessibility and inclusion
- What yoga might offer in community settings
- The neuroscience of the stress response and the effect of yoga on the brain
- Experiential learning and discussion around appropriate pranayama practice
- Recognising power dynamics in a yoga space- language, environment and ethics
- Practicalities and challenges of working in community settings
- How to set up a community class – Q&A
- Interactive teaching practice and discussion
Click for course brochure: Teaching Yoga in Community Settings Brochure
Full price ticket £150 – you can pay HERE via our booking system.
As with all ECY events, we are offering three 50% scholarship spaces to those who are statistically likely to earn less. Please get in touch by 31st January 2022 if you’d like to be considered for a scholarship place – email us at admin@edinburghcommunityyoga.
Full details on scholarship applications can be found here: Scholarship Information