This refers to complaints against ECY from outwith our organisation. This may be against an individual team member, a director or the organisation as a whole and a copy of it is displayed on our website for people to refer to.
At ECY we are proud of the service we offer. We therefore want to hear from anyone if you feel our services have not lived up to your expectations.
The following procedure outlines what you, an ECY students, client, partner, or service user, can do it you have a complaint about our staff, teachers, volunteers, classes or services.
The easiest way to resolve an issue is to discuss it with the person with whom the issue lies. In the first instance, if you feel able to, please discuss the problem with the ECY team member involved. If this does not resolved the issue, or if you do not feel able to raise the complaint with the person it affects, please get in touch with an ECY director. You can complain to the directors in person, over the phone, by email or in writing on the below contact details:
When complaining, please tell us:
- your full name and contact details
- the date and location of the alleged conduct
- as much as you can about the complaint
- the full name of the teacher, ECY team member your complaint relates to
- any tangible evidence available to support the complaint
- how you would like us to resolve the matter
Our contact details:
Name: Laura Wilson
Contact details: 07966502085, Laura@edinburghcommunityyoga.co.uk
Name: Lorraine Close
Contact details: 07703984100, Lorraine@edinburghcommunityyoga.co.uk
Edinburgh Community Yoga, 33-41 Ratcliffe Terrace, Edinburgh EH9 1SX
Every attempt will be made to resolve any complaints quickly, effectively and informally. However, if the complaint cannot be resolved through the usual channels of open and honest communication the following procedures will be followed.
1. You will be asked to provide a written report about the complaint, covering the information stated above. (If providing a written report is not possible for you then please let us know and we will be happy to arrange for the report to be recorded orally).
2. A written record of the concern will then be completed by the ECY director to whom you have made the complaint and if applicable, contact will be made with any partner organisation involved to discuss the issue with them.
3. We will:
- acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five working days
- discuss your complaint with you to understand why you are dissatisfied and what outcome you are looking for
- give you a full response to the complaint as soon as possible and within 20 working days
Information you provide to Edinburgh Community Yoga will be treated in line with our Confidentiality policy and held according to our Privacy policies. ECY may request additional information from you during the course of a review of any complaint.
Should your complaint lead to the discovery of wrongdoing by a member of our team, our Resolution of Differences policy and procedures will be followed to resolve the issue.
If your complaint refers to one of the directors, please refer your complaint to the other. If your complaint refers to both directors and you do not feel able to discuss the issue with either of them then you should refer to a governing body such as The British Wheel of Yoga, Yoga Scotland or Yoga Alliance Professionals for further assistance.